Tuesday 5 January 2010

day one hundred and twenty three, china glaze side saddle

the worst has happened!! the nail on my middle finger has torn and i had to chop off my talons! i think that is the longest my nails have EVER been. i don't know what happened but it wasn't a break...i had an actual tear halfway through my middle nail...very very short. so they are all tiny to match!

but it's kind of fun, sometiems i think darker colours look great on shorter nails...otherwise i feel too Elvira!! but here is an awesome colour from China Glaze called Side Saddle. i can't believe i've left it sitting on my bedside table for so many months without wearing it and realising it's awesome-ness. that is definitely one of the reasons i'm so happy with my blog...like most lacquerheads i buy polish CONSTANTLY. it's wearing it that is the problem! this forces me to wear all these colours i own and never give a chance.

this is a realllllllly pretty burgundy...well. burgundy isn't really the right word! i don't know...what's a colour that is dark brown but definitely dark red at the same time? i need to go look at my colour wheel!! it is such a fun colour, definitely beautiful in the light, very glowy. in honour of the rodeo theme of this polish (and the collection it is from) i konad-ed a texas star onto my thumb...which is adorable!

anyway...yeah. my words are failing today but i caught the sunlight (ever fleeting in London...it's 4pm and already almost dark!) and these pictures can speak for themselves.





Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

I love this color on you!

5 January 2010 at 16:25  
Blogger Sara Elizabeth said...

thank you! i really like it as well!

5 January 2010 at 16:45  
Blogger TropicalChrome said...

If I could wear browns, this is the kind of brown I'd want to wear!

Sorry to hear about your nails, but having short nails myself (long nails drive me nuts!), I agree that dark colors can look fantastic on them.

5 January 2010 at 20:42  
Blogger Sara Elizabeth said...

it IS NICE to have short nails again!!! no more poking my eyes when i take out my contacts! :D

5 January 2010 at 20:44  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home