Thursday 24 December 2009

day one hundred and twelve, china glaze let's groove

happy chrismtas eve to those who celebrate, thankfully chanukah is over so the two don't conflict. i grew up in a jewish neighbourhood in los angeles so it's still a shock to me (after 5 years) just how important christmas is in the UK, it's a HUGE deal! so here is a lovely, non traditional red or green celebratory colour.

let's groove is a beautiful deep purple from china glaze and in addition to the typical (gorgeous) glass flecked shimmer china glaze is known for...it also has rainbow microshimmer. it's hard to describe but i think i captured it pretty accurately. it's not as reflective as the prismatic shimmer from yesterday's designer series, it's much more mellow. when the light hits it just right it has all this colourful red, silver...tons of colourful shimmer. i like that it is subtle because it allows the purple to really shine. this is definitely worth getting over my weird purple aversion (i hope it wears off soon...i have so many purples to show you!)

and excuse the messiness of my pointer finger, my cuticle is going renegade so it makes for not-so-perfect looking polish application!




Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

What a gorgeous purple; it looks great on you!

24 December 2009 at 19:48  
Blogger TropicalChrome said...

I love this polish - it's my pick for my favorite new color of 2009.

And I hope you can get over your purple aversion...because I love purple and I'm always looking for new purple nail polishes.

Merry Christmas!

24 December 2009 at 19:51  
Blogger Sara Elizabeth said...

it's ridiculous just HOW many purples i have. i tried to take a picture of them all but lost count around 40! they will all come in time, promise! :)

24 December 2009 at 19:54  
Blogger WendyB said...

I was raised Jewish (and now am not a part of any religion) and have gotten so used to people wishing me a Merry Christmas that I barely remember when Hanukkah is!

24 December 2009 at 21:58  
Blogger Sara Elizabeth said...

i get ecards from my mother...she doesn't allow me to forget. typically jewish!

24 December 2009 at 22:01  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home