Sunday 11 April 2010

day two hundred and twenty three, essie wicked

eep. two essies in two days!? what is this world coming to!? i usually try to space 'em out but i feel i've been neglecting essie so i put two different ones on back to back. this is another 'essie to end all essie' polishes, called wicked. i could not tell you about the history of vamps but suffice to say...every brand has their signature vamp and essie's is called wicked. it's actually one of the vamps i like better, it just seems more dark burgundy and deep and hugs the border of almost black but never quite crosses it. so finally, a vamp that isn't black! making it a-okay in my book. it's very shiny...i wonder why most vamps are jelly? i guess because they just look better than cremes? who can say! i will say my one thing that bugs me when i put on vamps (and i'm sure it's just my bad skills) is that the base of my nails seems to hold the lighter colour and not darken as much. but i only notice it if i stare at my fingers (and i was staring at these pictures to make sure they would look nice!)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger ShortAndSweetNails said...

I love this color. It's perfect :)

11 April 2010 at 18:55  
Blogger Sara Elizabeth said...

me too! it's definitely the best vamp in my collection as it's not black looking!

11 April 2010 at 18:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm just starting with my essie collection, but having seen this - i simply need it. perfect red/burgundy... adding this one to my list of polishes!!

11 April 2010 at 19:29  
Blogger Sara Elizabeth said...

i've probably got aounrd 16-18 essie polishes and they're all amazing. almost all have already been featured on this blog but i am always on the lookout for more! they DO produce a lot of boring sheer pinks...but when they do something different they do it up right!

11 April 2010 at 19:31  
Blogger Lucy said...

That is a gorgeous deep burgundy. I love this shade. I do have a load of vampy shades. This one is really pretty.

14 April 2010 at 18:08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home