Monday 2 November 2009

day sixty three, essie island hopping

so i have a job interview tomorrow morning (please let it turn into a job...please please please...i don't want to work at mcdonalds!!!!) and i needed a colour that was enough to tint my nails but not enough to be inappropriate. so i landed on this colour, island hopping by essie. it's a lovely mauve colour and i really quite like it! (it's worth noting that i buy some colours based on pictures from other blogs and some solely on the colour description -- this is a sight unseen polish and i'm really happy with it!) however i found this polish to be a bit on the tricky side. i accidentally dinged my nails while they were drying so i put another coat of island hopping on top and it turned my soft mauve into a deep raisin colour. it was a huge difference. the raisin colour is beautiful and after i get home from my interview tomorrow i might just add a couple more pictures to this showing the colour it can turn into. but it was not the look i was going for since my interview is with a very conservative organistion. SO! yes. i am desperate for a job and trying to hold onto my pride so i can put to use the master's of science degree i spent so much money acquiring!


wish me luck (i need it!)!

xx





Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I love, love, love that colour and am wondering why I don't own it.

GOOD LUCK for the interview :) You'll do great.

2 November 2009 at 22:01  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home